Today is my 24th Birthday! OMG My 20's are going by so effing fast lol. 24 feels like that awkward pre-teen stage of your twenties, when all of your other friends can drive, have later curfews, and can go to R-rated movies without their parents. I swear it seemed like my older cousins had it all together in their 20's. I guess they were playing the same growing game that I'm smack dead in the middle of now. Instead of moping around complaining about getting older, not having all the answers, and wanting morel; I sat back and reflected on how amazing my 24 years of life have been. We get so caught up on how fast or slow life is moving, that we forget to enjoy the moments and memories we've created. The result is beautiful, that's I've created this list of  24 Things I've Learned before 24!


1. My parents were right 99.9% of the time.
My mom has some sort magically power to know the true intentions of everyone who enters my life. At one point in time, I would be so rebellious just to prove her wrong but in the end no matter how hard I tried she was right! Now, I find myself asking her about people before I even deal with new people. Crazy how as you get older you start to gain a better perspective of the world and it's uber similar to your parents.
2. Karma is REAL.
Proceed with caution and be prepared...
3. Don't let fear hold you back.
Fear should never dictate our choices, the fear of the unknown holds a lot of people back from reaching their full potential.
4. Everyone has insecurities.
It's not just me...whew! 
5. You're not perfect.
And I'll never be perfect. But I'll continue to grow and become a better being :)
6. Take a time out.
Sometimes I give so much of myself to my jobs, my friends, my family, and other situations that I forget to take a breather.
7. Stop OVERTHINKING!
Seriously Ashley...chill out lol. I'm still working on this one :p
8. Love your self unconditionally.
There's no greater love than self love. 
9. Laugh as often as possible. 
Laughter is GREAT for my soul.
10. Everybody isn't going to like you.
And that is A-OK....your time, space, energy, and vibrations aren't for everyone.
11. People will disappoint you. 
It's just a part of human interaction. Learn to treat people accordingly. 
12. Do whatever makes you happy.
This one is totally a cliche' phrase, but it holds so much value. I don't want to grow old and have thousands of regrets. I want to lay on my death bed and truly know that I lived and did everything that made my soul happy.
13. Remember the Golden & Platinum Rules.
Treat others how you want to be treated; Treat others how they want to be treated.
*remember people act in their best self-interest* 
14. We are all just human beings.
This is something my daddy always preached to me when I was younger. I heard his words but I didn't fully comprehend what they meant. I used to reply "but daddy, _____ has this and ______has that". And his response was always but they're all human just like me and you. We all have something unique and special that makes us who we are!
15. Pick your battles wisely.
This one is something that I've learned recently. Sometimes I get so worked up about being right or just stating my very bold and straight forward opinion that I lose sight of the end goal. Sometimes, you just have to swallow your pride and let shit be.
16. Quality > Quantity
This goes for all things in life from food to clothes and shoes, to people. We live in a society where we crave for more and more, but most often less is best! I rather have 5 real friends than 500 fake ones. #NoNewFriends lol
17. The "right time" doesn't exist.
The "right time" to start a blog, go back to school, move to another city, host an event, etc. doesn't exist. You just have to take huge leap of faith, pray and follow your gut instinct. 
18. Chase your dreams.
Your dreams are your own, don't let anyone or anything stop you from going after them.  
19.  STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR BELIEFS.
that is all.
20. Slow down
If you're anything like me you are constantly on the go, have something to do, or always planning for your next move. But we have to slow down and enjoy the journey to greatness.
21. Look up
Literally. The earth is a beautiful place. Looking up into the sky remains me that there's so much more in the universe than me and my problems.
22.  Everything isn't always going to be okay.
And that's normal. People fall apart and pick themselves back up. Don't expect a happy ending without going through sh*t in the middle.
23. Be kind - even to those that you can't.
See #2. She's the baddest b*tch and she always come back to get you.
24.  It only makes sense to end with some advice from Dumbledore, right?
‘Tell me one last thing,’ said Harry. ‘Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?’ Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry’s ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure. ‘Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?' *Melyssa*  



Thanks for all of your birthday wishes! And thanks for making it this far down the list, feel free to add to the list! 
p.s Year 24, I'm ready! 
XOXO,
Ashley