*All the women who independent, throw your hands up at me...all the mommas who profit dollars, throw your hands up at me*
It's Independence Day weekend, and Americans will be celebrating America's freedom day. Unfortunately on July 4th, 1776..my people weren't invited to the BBQ & they didn't get a taste of freedom until 86 years later. But I digress.
Nothing compares to freedom in this life and I'm grateful for the sacrifices my ancestors made to ensure I can enjoy life as a "free" woman of color. Although we're not where we need to be, we're a lot further from where we started. Enjoy your holiday, use it to reflect, and enjoy time with your family and friends. Oh, and save me a burnt hotdog ;)
FacebookInstagramTwitter, BlogLovin'Google+





Happy Independence Day! How are you celebrating? Until next time...
XOXO,
Ashley